Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I Dream of Zombies

This is my very first post on a blog that I created um...more than a year ago, I think! The problem is, I never seem to be able to remember my dreams anymore, and many nights it seems as though I don't dream at all.

However, recently I've been waking up to snippets of my dream-world-meanderings and I've decided I'm not going to wait for me to wake up one day with a perfect memory of a dream. I will simply record what I do remember.

And last night's dream, was...weird.

I was travelling with a group of people, (not sure who they were), and we made a pit-stop at a public washroom along-side a highway. Inside the bathroom, was the corpse of a man who looked very familiar but whom I could not place. (Upon waking, I realized that this man was in fact Rita's ex from Dexter and the Devil from Supernatural - Mark Pellegrino)

Being a group of adventurous travellers on a road trip, we naturally decided that we should take the corpse with us on the road. So there we were, all snug in a small car, just us girls...and a dead man. When I should have been thinking 'holy fuck, what are we doing with a corpse in the car!?!' I was instead feeling insecure about the fact that I was freaked out while everyone else seemed perfectly content with this morbid turn of events. I felt...inadequate, foolish, different. I felt there was something wrong with me because I was not okay with this. And even though I was not okay with the dead man in the car, I said nothing.

At some point, the dead man became a living dead man - zombie-like but able to think and speak, and there was this ominous feel about him. (Obviously. He's a bloody zombie.) But this ominous feeling stemmed from the knowledge that he was a killer, and not just any killer, but the man responsible for the corpse in the bathroom. He was the killer and the killed, alive and dead.

So, uber-not-alive-not-dead-guy was our captor at this point, and to complicate things even further, he was deadly-determined to be the dashing groom of one of us lucky gals!

I know you're dying to know how it ends. Hell, so am I. But that's as far as my memory takes me!

The End!

Anyone want to take a stab at deciphering this dreadful dream??

2 comments:

  1. Hey,
    This would be a great matrix to construct a short piece of fiction - when I return from my vacation I'll be glad to suggest some possible approaches. I'm proud of you for taking the risk of posting your story idea.
    Good luck, Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bob! Always open to suggestions :)How is your vacation?

    ReplyDelete